"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Saturday, January 01, 2005

State of the blog

Here's wishing you all and this blog a very happy and fulfilling new year!

You will excuse me for being self analytical here. I can do it for now because I haven't really officially "launched" this blog. True, it is out there, and I have had two comments, and I cover local issues, and... But the true fact of the matter is that I don't have time to make it into something without contributors--those mighty brothers and sisters who will hopefully join me when I issue them the invitation in a few weeks.

I have great hopes for this lonely corner of the blogosphere. I have not linked my personal blog yet, even though it is much more advanced. It will be up when it can be listed among the group of student contributors. For now, if you want to see what the action, it can be found here on Meneltarma.

The current local scene

On Tuesday the 4th, classes will start a Western. I'm bracing for it. I am in the Journalism Department...and I am on the student newspaper. This will offer a challenge I'm sure especially if, for example, the blog gets big and someone in the department makes the connection. No matter, I'm not concerned. I will do what I can to avoid conflicts of interest an unprofessionalism in the newswriting that I do for the paper. If someone has a problem with me being more than just a student journalist, tough.

The election news is a little overpowering when it comes to issues discussed. Many local bloggers are finding it hard to think about much else. This is too bad and yet, I don't see any alternative when there is so much at stake. Cheers to all the bloggers who are doing such an incredible job on this topic. I salute you and yours--especially the good folks at Sound Politics. Thanks and keep up the good work.