"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Saturday, February 19, 2005

AS considering consolidation

I had heard about this a few days ago, but things are starting to happen.

The AS governing body is considering combining five current information centers into one: drug, legal, sexual awareness, peace and veterans.

You know, I happen to think this is a good thing. Obviously to start with, I'm not impressed that I'm already paying for some of these things in the first place! Do you, like me, look at that list and ask yourself what a "Peace Resource Center" is? I couldn't for the life of me think of what they do, so I looked them up, as I have some of the others already:

The Peace Resource Center was established by the Associated Students in 1984 to serve the campus community by offering practical, informational resources on a wide variety of peace and justice issues. Since that time the PRC has met that need both as a unique resource center that not only has a variety of published material, but also maintains comprehensive files on many topics, and also as programming office which brings activist speakers to campus.
21 years of activist speakers and information files? Their website is a whole lot of nothing...oh except for the links page (i.e. the Michael Moore dot org-and-every-other-leftist-front-group-on-the-planet page)

The Western Front did a piece on it as was to be expected. I think the reporter did a good job and I was thrilled that one of the sources in the story was so honest as to say that she was worried about losing her job...after all, her job status has priority over the taxpayers who subsidize it!

Give it a read. I was struck by the plethora of lame excuses for keeping these "resource centers" as they are.

On a final note, I think you would find out fast which ones are the most important roles if they were combined into one center. One set of staff to compare the real-life benefits of each of them side by side may have some revealing spin-offs!