"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Newsweek and writers

There are those who are growing increasingly angry with Newsweek for some of the "reporters" they employ. Some have gone so far as to call them a mouth-piece for the left, "moveon.org" style. Professing journalism myself, I always find this kind of talk interesting. I know I have shared some of those frustrations and come to think of it, I seem to come away with a bad taste in my mouth just about every time I browse their web archives. Bad taste? No, maybe more like I feel I need to wash my hands after finishing a read.

I just finished reading a couple pieces, this time with mixed results.

The first one I came on was linked by Drudge and I was very interested in subject matter. Here's the link. The first paragraph has revolting levels of biased assumption! The only merit attached to it is that it has a LOT of information in it. I enjoyed it for that fact alone.

The other piece marks the first time I have come away with absolutely NOTHING bad to say. I was impressed--even inspired--by this one. Of course, this could be due to my opinion that speechwriting would be an incredible job--a to-die-for job.

Read them and judge for yourself. To be honest, this post is just yet another attempt to kill time before I get more university relevant posting going on here. You'd think that I would have access to just about all the relevant interesting stuff at Western, being a journalism major. Perhaps, but I'm going to have to be patient. I'm still getting settled in on the campus newspaper staff and it's not easy work. I can't create any conflicts of interest--this blog is one thing, my position on the paper is another.

The first College Republican meeting is on Monday, though. That's a significant thing, I hope.