"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Friday, January 21, 2005

Starbucks unifies

It's pretty simple to be a youth in Washington State. There are two main requirements.

1st, you must like the rain.
2nd, you must like Starbucks or at least appreciate them or maybe just be dependant on them.

Ok, so I do have a higher opinion than that of Washington's youth. The observation was born out of my reading the profiles of the writers for the Seattle Times NEXT section. What are the chances that a "big corporation" like Starbucks will be portrayed in a positive light by more than one of the enlightened youth of this blue state? Read for yourself:

Karan Gill
...I also love to snowboard and criticize Seattle's sports teams and their poor management skills (but Mr. Shultz, I love Starbucks).


And this:

April Seipp
...I can usually be found at Starbucks or staring out the window when it rains.


And this:

Daniel Thies
...In late 2000, I opted out of my acceptance to the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston to pursue my loftier dreams of working at Starbucks and freelancing for The Seattle Times.


And this (on a lesser level):

Anne Kim
...You can quickly see my Seattle roots - I love coffee, rain and gazing at lakes and oceans.


It could just be the writer in all of them--if indeed most writers are fond of rain and coffee. I know this writer is.