"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Thursday, January 13, 2005

After the fact

Yesterday the Washington State Legislature accepted as normal the mess some are calling an election. I did my part earlier to voice my concern over this pending piece of business to the representative I knew would most likely not share my concerns. Today, the day after the untimely inauguration, she has finally responded to my email.

Thank you for your recent email regarding a re-vote of the Washington State Governor’s race. I appreciate the time you took to write and share your thoughts and concerns with me. This race was the closest statewide election in our state’s history and was probably the closest our nation’s history. This is the first time our election system has been tested this way.

The election results have now been certified by all 39 counties and Secretary of State Sam Reed; and the Legislature has accepted this certification. The matter is currently before the Chelan County Court system, which is the next legal step in resolving this election. At this time, the courts must determine whether a new election is required and I will fully support their decision. In addition, I share your concerns and am committed to working Secretary of State Sam Reed, county auditors, and my colleagues from both parties in the House and Senate to help remedy any election flaws that were exposed over the course of this election. The goal of our election process is to provide an accurate count of every legitimate vote.

Thank you again for contacting me as I value hearing from my constituents. As your Representative, I will do my best to ensure that our voting process is legitimate, accurate, and secure. Please do not hesitate to contact me again, should you wish to share additional comments, questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kelli

Representative Kelli Linville
42nd District


Thank you ever so much Ms. Linville! Not only did you dodge the issue, you let me know just how lightly you consider your post as a legislator. I thought, having a position of leadership in our state with the power to make laws, you would at least be good enough to tell me why you upheld the "results" of whatever it was that happened last month.

I agree that the next step is in the courts and I appreciate your pledge to abide by their decision--as odd as that sounds, considering your vote yesterday. Either, you support the result of the pseudo-election or you should have rejected it and supported a bill to call a revote.

Perhaps your loyalty to your caucus is more important to you then your duty to serve the people of this state who overwhelmingly support a revote. So instead of taking action for what you may or may not believe, you have instead chosen the easy road of not rocking the boat, forcing the courts to do your job for you.

So thanks again. Just don't expect anyone to believe you next election campaign when you claim to have a record of leadership.