"the dumbest blog i've ever seen."

    "Get out a little more dude."

    "Is it more conservative to write about Red Bull, spelling errors, or whining about liberal teachers?" -Former contributor

    "a well-kept and activist-orientated blog"-Chris Collins, Seattle Times

    It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

    Comments are only subject to editing in case of spam or malicious, unrelated content. Dissenting opinion on this blog will never be censored

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Elections update

Just a quick election update:

The AS board on Monday finally reviewed the decision regarding the Tony Russo party--I mean campaign. The elections are heating up.

I can't speak for all the writers here about the candidates...just for myself, and therefore I will limit my comments. Collegiate politics is an odd duck. I know many people don't vote ideologically because they might trust a good friend rather than someone with whom they agree. I don't have any friends per se in the crowd of candidates. I am acquainted with a couple but that's all.

I had the opportunity to hear some candidates yesterday and so far haven't been able to find much to dislike about Nick Cizek, candidate for AS president. I don't know if he has as much support as the other two candidates but he certainly does his best to make up for it in enterprise and appearance. He is the most conservative, which leaves me wondering why he hasn't received (unofficial) support from more conservative clubs.

No matter. Both Tony Russo and Shannon Hutchinson claim to be liberals. However it should be understood that I don't mean to label the candidates and end the discussion there. That wouldn't help anyone, least of all the students who are voting.

Conclusion: read up on the candidates and vote. Online voting is up and it couldn't be easier.